Henry needs a son. Anne needs a son. Their daughter changes the world.
THE KING’S LEGACY is a celebration of women’s accomplishments against all odds in a heavily patriarchal world, told through the story of Henry VIII, his wives, and his daughters. The show portrays how Henry’s obsession for a son tore his country apart, and how his daughter, Queen Elizabeth I, unexpectedly saved them all. The musical is played in honor of the fortieth anniversary of Queen Elizabeth I’s celebrated reign (London, 1598) and spans thirty-three years between two story lines. The present consists of Henry’s attempts to obtain a son and the subsequent consequences for Catherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, and the English court. The future deals with Henry and Anne's daughter, Elizabeth, as she grows up, learning how to become a great monarch.
What's the News?
Videos for "The Songs of Michael Radi" at Feinstein's/54 Below are NOW ONLINE!!!
- Jackie Burns (B'way) Wicked, If/Then OBC, Hair (Off-B'way) Rock of Ages, Hair (Tour) If/Then, Wicked - Currently Elphaba in Wicked on Broadway!
- Libby Servais (B'way) Wicked, Lysistrata Jones - Current Standby for Glinda in Wicked on Broadway!
- Betsy Struxness (B'way) Hamilton OBC, Matilda OBC, Scandalous OBC, Leap Of Faith OBC, Memphis, Wicked (Tours) Wicked, All Shook Up
- Jillian Louis (B'way) It Shoulda Been You (Off-B'way) Soul Doctor (Tour) Cheers
- Jacque Carnahan (Off-B'way) A Child's Christmas in Wales at Irish Rep., Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, The Baker's Wife at The York, The Boyfriend at Musicals Tonight (Tour) Cinderella
- Samantha Bruce (Off-B'way) Luisa in The Fantasticks (Regional) Laurie in Oklahoma! at Goodspeed Opera House, Johanna in Sweeney Todd at Denver Center, The Royal Family at Shakespeare Theatre of NJ, Cyrano at Sierra Rep.
- J. Michael Zygo (B'way) School of Rock, Once OBC - Currently in School of Rock on Broadway!
- Kenneth Quinney Francoeur (Off-B'way) A Child's Christmas in Wales at Irish Rep., (Tour) Memphis
- Gregory Maheu (Off-Broadway) I Am Harvey Milk at Lincoln Center (Regional) Austen's Pride: A New Musical of Pride and Prejudice at Merry-Go-Round, Sunday in the Park With George at Signature Theatre
- Patrick Mulryan (Off-B'way) Fiasco Theater's Into The Woods at The Roundabout Theatre, London's Menier Chocolate Factory, McCarter Theatre, and the Old Globe, Cymbeline at Fiasco Theater, Bum Phillips: All-American Opera at La Mama
- Lizzie Becker: Lizzie is a private voice student of Michael Radi's at From Stage To Screen studio. She played Young Elizabeth in the Industry Reading of The King's Legacy, and she has also studied at USDAN. (Favorite Roles) Cinderella in Into The Woods, Millie in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Videos are live!!!
Four Songs from The King's Legacy sung by Broadway performers!
Click here or on the Videos pages in the navigation bar to watch!